Credit Card Review & Application
- Access to Exclusive Benefits: Baggage Insurance Plan* when you travel, and shop with confidence with Extended Warranty* and Return Protection
- Use points for gift cards for dining, entertainment, and to shop over 300 of some of your favorite merchants
- Get discounts and low rates at hotels and resorts, plus a $75 hotel credit when you book through Gold Hotel Collection
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $125
- Terms and Restrictions Apply
|Annual Fee:||See Terms*|
|Card Network:||American Express®|
|Card Category:||Consumer (Premium)|
|Card Type:||- Charge Credit Card|
- Reward Card
The American Express Gold Card wasn't designed to be regarded as a common credit card. It provides credit quite all right but at on the condition, all outstanding balances are paid for at month end. Express Approval means a response to card applicants within no time. But to even qualify you'll need excellent credit history and score.
The card charges no interest. This means the cardholder pays for only what he spends excluding a $125 annual fee paid during the second year because there's no annual fee during the first year of card ownership. The card comes with no preset spending limit but business owners may order additional cards for employees with the option to set spending limits.
Even as a charge card and not the full fledge credit card few people may prefer, cardholders enjoy different benefits. Purchase protection plan insures against accidental damages and theft for goods purchased online. Tickets to current sporting events, concert, shows and other select occurrences are easily accessible. American Express also runs an identity theft protection service for cardholders and helps prevent and block unauthorized use of a card. There are numerous other benefits available to cardholders.
Yet another interesting benefit associated with this card is its Membership Rewards® program. A cardholder receives 10,000 bonus points when $500 is spent purchase items within 3 months. These 10,000 bonus points qualify the cardholder to receive a $100 worth gift card. When registered into the Membership Rewards program, the cardholder may choose to redeem reward points through different reward options anytime preferred. All that's needed is to start earning points with every eligible purchase.
A reward point is earned per dollar ($1) spent. Reward points may be redeemed as soon as they accumulate to a certain number of points that qualify for favored rewards. Rewards options are travel, shopping and entertainment. A cardholder may use points to supplement expenses with purchases related to these items. Otherwise, he'll redeem points for airline tickets, quality merchandise from retailers round the world, tickets to entertainment events, and gift certificates that could be the perfect gift for an unexpected celebrant.
The American Express Gold Card is a charge card with no setup fee and introductory rate.
Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by American Express. Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of American Express, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by American Express.
|Reward Types:||- Other Rewards Cards|
- Travel Reward Cards
|Other Benefits:||- Internet account related services|
- Access to Gold Card Events including exclusive tickets for select concerts, shows, major sporting events, and more in cities nationwide
- Discounts on products and services at participating merchants and retailers
- Return & purchase protection
- Emergency cash/card replacement
- Extended warranty for purchases
- Travel and emergency assistance services
- Travel accident insurance
- Auto rental insurance
- Year-end financial statement
- Medical referral service
- Legal referral service
- Lost luggage insurance
- Guaranteed hotel reservations
- Identity theft assistance
|Comments:||This card has no pre-set spending limit. Purchases are approved based on account history, credit record, and personal resources.|
|Online Account Access:||Yes|
|APR on Purchases:||N/A *|
|Annual Fee:||See Terms*|
|Min Finance Charge:||$0.50|
|Late Payment Fee:||N/A*|
|Additional Fees||Additional Cardholders: $35.00|
|We do not offer online application for this card at the moment.|
You may also be interested in:
† The information provided for American Express Gold Card is believed to be accurate at the time of evaluation (Jul 3, 2013). We strongly advise visitors to review the terms and conditions to verify accuracy of the information posted prior to applying for the product.