Credit Card Articles
Benefits Of The Lufthansa Premier Miles & More World MasterCard
BarclayCard has partnered with Lufthansa, a global leader in passenger air travel, to bring you a series of credit cards that are of great benefit to world travelers. If you frequently fly and prefer Lufthansa as your passenger air carrier, these cards could help you earn exclusive benefits like bonus air miles; and you'll enjoy other special and lucrative benefits as well, depending, of course, upon options available with the type of card you carry.
Credit card issuing institutions have been partnering with passenger airliners for many years. Earning flight rewards just seems to make sense, even if you are not a frequent traveler; the benefits are available to you when you need them. Of course, if you are a frequent air traveler you will definitely appreciate having access to exclusive benefits designed for travel. These benefits can really help those consumers who spend a great deal of time in the air and in airports and hotels. If your passenger air travel provider of choice is Lufthansa, however, this series of credit cards will be extra special benefit to you with rewards aboard Lufthansa and their associated.
There is a variety of cards you could qualify for when you apply with Barclaycard and this variety might alter some of your available benefits upon approval. Regardless of which card you carry, though, you will be able to enjoy these mileage benefits which are shared by all cards in the Lufthansa Premier Miles & More World MasterCard family:
- Earn reward miles with every purchase
- Earn bonus reward miles with your first purchase
- Earn bonus reward miles with your first balance transfer
- No reward mile expiration (with monthly qualifying purchases)
You will also enjoy various base-level benefits too. These could be quite competitive when compared to other cards you might consider and include:
- Low introductory APR for the first 15 months on balance transfers made within the first 30 days of opening your account
- 23-day interest-free grace period (pay new charges in full within the grace period and avoid interest)
- If you are a Senator or HON Circle member your annual fee will be waived
There are two different benefit structures for these cards. The benefits available to you will depend upon which annual fee you pay. If you pay the lower annual fee of $59 for the standard Miles & More World MasterCard you will enjoy the following specific benefits:
- Earn 1 award mile for every $1 charged to your account
- Earn 15,000 bonus miles when you make your first purchase
- Earn as many as 10,000 more bonus miles when you complete your first balance transfer
If you pay the slightly higher $79 annual fee for the Premier Miles & More World MasterCard you will enjoy benefits that are even better:
- Earn 2 award miles for every $1 charged to your account towards tickets purchased directly from Miles & More affiliated airline partners
- Earn 1 award mile for every $1 charged towards all other purchases
- Earn 20,000 bonus miles when you make your first purchase
- Earn as many as 15,000 more bonus miles when you complete your first balance transfer
Miles & More Partners
As you may have read, this card is associated not only with Lufthansa but other affiliated airline partners too. This means that you have all kinds of options for earning rewards as well as for redeeming them. If you have the Premier card, for example, you will earn double rewards when you book flights within the Lufthansa family:
- Lufthansa Regional
- Lufthansa Private Jet
You will also earn double rewards with these affiliate partners (among others):
- Austrian Airlines Group
- Brussels Airlines
- Croatia Airlines
- LOT Polish Airlines
Obviously certain conditions and limitations will apply so before to read up on the specifics before settling upon your next flight reservations.
As with all credit cards, if you want to take advantage of the benefits you must first qualify for the card. The only way to know if you qualify is to fill out the application, which is easy to do online. When you access the website (which is through the BarclayCard site) you will have to supply them with a bevy of necessary information, which includes basic personal information like your full name (including prefix and suffix, if applicable), your date of birth, your mother's maiden name, and your U.S. citizenship status.
Obviously, they will also ask you to supply contact information which will probably include: your street address, your home telephone number, and your e-mail address. In addition, you could be asked about your employment and financial status to confirm you will be able to responsibly manage your account. Thus, you should also expect to give them some information regarding any present accounts you might have.
The application will likely also ask you about your employment and financial information, including things like the name of your employer, their contact information (phone number), your total annual household income and the status of your checking and savings accounts. Of course, this is important because the institution that is financially supporting your credit prefers to know that you will be able to make your payments on time every month.
Finally, the online Lufthansa Premier Miles & More World MasterCard credit card application may ask you about your existing Miles & More membership information. This portion of the application is only relevant to applicants who already have a membership with the Miles & More program. If this applies to you, be prepared to answer a few questions regarding your existing account.
The Miles & More credit card gives you great flexibility for passenger air travel in the United States to destinations all over the world. If you travel with Lufthansa or one of their affiliated airline partners you could earn up to 2 points on the dollar whenever you fly! A generous handful of bonus miles are also available depending on how set up and use your account.
- Debt to Income Ratio in Detail
- Ace Rewards Visa Card Makes Savings Easy
- Why The Matrix Unsecured Card By Discover Is Worth It
- Travel Better With The LANPASS Visa Signature Card
- Horizon Gold Credit Card: Offering Generous Member Benefits
Credit Card FAQ
- What Are Pre-Approved Credit Card Offers?
- Do I Need Credit Card Insurance?
- How to Build Credibility?
- What Happens When A Credit Card Company Sues Me?
- How To Play-the-Float with your Credit Card?
- More at: Credit Card FAQ
The " Benefits Of The Lufthansa Premier Miles & More World MasterCard" article is property of CreditCardsCo™ and is copyrighted. The article may not be published, rewritten, broadcast or redistributed without prior written permission.