Credit Card Review & Application
- Starpoints® bonus: Earn up to 25,000 bonus points: 10,000 after your first purchase and another 15,000 after you spend $5,000 within the first 6 months of Cardmembership
- Redeem Starpoints® at over 1,100 hotels and resorts in nearly 100 countries and for flights on more than 350 airlines with SPG Flights - all with no blackout dates
- Earn up to 5 Starpoints® for each dollar of eligible purchases charged directly with hotels and resorts participating in the Starwood Preferred Guest® program
- Earn 1 Starpoint® for each dollar of eligible purchases
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $65
- Terms and limitations apply
|APR:||15.24% - 19.24% (variable)*|
|Annual Fee:||Intro $0 for 1st year, then $65*|
|Card Network:||American Express®|
|Card Category:||Business (Regular)|
|Card Type:||- Affinity Card|
- Co-Branded Credit Card
Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit Card is designed for business owners having good or excellent credit. It's a low interest credit card with special focus on those businesses requiring employees to travel frequently.
An introductory APR period applies towards purchases and balance transfers over a mid term period. During this period, very low interest is applied. Purchase APR after the intro period is moderate and based on a prime rate.
Balance transfers from other credit cards charging higher interest incur no transfer fee.
Additional cards are available on request.
Card members are uplifted to Gold Preferred status with $30,000 spending within an annual period. Business owners who charge purchases to this card have access to discounted purchasing at participating merchants and retailers through the OPEN Savings network.
Travel accident and auto rental insurance applies to those members who qualify. Online account access to the card account lets card members read from paperless statements to get past expenses, and card charges. Internet transactions without the card members' approval incur zero liability. American Express offers other internet related services including a small business initiative for small business owners to familiarize and exchange ideas.
Emergency cash and card replacement assists card members and employees who happen to misplace their wallets or have it stolen during travel. Travel and emergency assistance services let members easily book travel tickets, and hotel accommodation.
Card members receive 10,000 bonus points with a first purchase. Other eligible purchases afterwards earn a single point per dollar spent. Purchases at participating Starwood hotels earn double points. The program allows card members the flexibility to convert points earned to miles. 5,000 bonus miles are awarded on every 20,000 points exchanged. Points expire once the card isn't used throughout a 12 month period. There's no annual cap.
Points earned are redeemed for accommodation at Starwood Hotels and Resorts with no blackout dates. There are over 890 Starwood hotels worldwide including Sheraton, Westin, W Hotels, St. Regis, The Luxury Collection, and Le Meridien chain of hotels and resorts.
The Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit Card is issued by American Express. It allows business owners consolidate travel related expenditure into a single card account to enjoy discounts and partake in the OPEN Savings program.
See card agreement/terms and conditions before applying.
Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by American Express. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of American Express, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by American Express.
|Reward for $1 spent:||1.00|
|Rewards:||- 25,000 bonus points: 10,000 after your first purchase and another 15,000 after you spend $5,000 within the first 6 months of Cardmembership|
- 5 Starpoints® for each dollar of eligible purchases charged directly with hotels and resorts participating in the Starwood Preferred Guest® program
- 1 Starpoint® for each dollar of eligible purchases
|Other Benefits:||- Cardholder is upgraded to Gold Preferred status when spending is $30,000 in a calendar year|
- Internet account related services
- Discounts on products and services at participating merchants and retailers
- Emergency card and card replacement
- Travel and emergency assistance services
- No liability for unauthorized Internet transactions
See website for additional benefits**
|Online Account Access:||Yes|
|Applied Towards:||Purchases, Balance Transfer|
|APR on Purchases:||15.24% - 19.24% (variable)*|
|Annual Fee:||Intro $0 for 1st year, then $65*|
|Grace Period:||20 days*|
|Min Finance Charge:||$0.50|
|Late Payment Fee:||$38.00*|
|Over Limit Fee:||$35.00|
|APR Cash Advances:||21.24%|
|Cash Advance Fee:||3.00%|
You may also be interested in:
† The information provided for Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit Card from American Express is believed to be accurate at the time of evaluation (May 1, 2013). We strongly advise visitors to review the terms and conditions to verify accuracy of the information posted prior to applying for the product.