Credit Card Review & Application
- Earn 2,500 Bonus Points after your first purchase and one point for every dollar in purchases with no limit to the amount you can earn.
- Redeem your USAA Rewards points towards cash, gift cards, name brand merchandise and travel with no blackout date.
- Redeem your points anytime on USAA's website or from your mobile device - with no redemption fee.
- Enjoy variable rates as low as 9.9% APR on purchases, balance transfers and cash advances. This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.
- No annual fee and no minimum finance charge.
- Before starting your application, USAA will ask you a few questions to establish your online access and eligibility with USAA.
- If you are not eligible, USAA credit cards and other products may still be available.
|Introductory Period:||12 months on BT|
|APR on Purchases:||as low as 9.90% (variable)*|
|Card Issuer:||USAA Bank|
|Card Category:||Consumer (Premium)|
|Card Type:||- Instant Decision Card|
- Low Interest Credit Card
- Reward Card
Almost 100 years ago 25 Army officers chose to honor each other by insuring that each would be taken care of should they need any assistance and a long standing family tradition was born. That tradition is known today as USAA and it is one of the best, most beloved financial services company in the United States, perhaps even the world. Built on the foundations of service, integrity, loyalty, and honesty, USAA demonstrates their values in the way they treat their customers and in the products they provide.
One such product is the USAA Rewards World MasterCard. This credit card gives customers access to World MasterCard benefits as well as a simple rewards program that rivals most others in the market today. For example, you will earn one point for every dollar charged to this card, as well as 2,500 bonus reward points for your first qualifying purchase.
Since there is no limit to how many you can earn, this is a great start towards getting exactly what you want. Of course, it helps that you can redeem your points for just about anything. If you like travel vouchers, brand name merchandise, gift cards, or cash rebates, you will be undoubtedly happy with what you can redeem. Since there is no redemption fee also, you get to keep more of your hard earned points to use on the rewards you want most.
In addition to this great rewards program, USAA also offers you a credit card with competitive rates and fees. Qualifying for the best possible rate depends upon two things: the market prime rate at the time of your application and your personal credit score. Still, the range of available interest rates is quite competitive. Similarly, the range of fees is also competitive, with the most notable characteristic in this area being the lack of an annual fee and the lack of a minimum finance charge. However, you can also save money by avoiding interest when you pay off new balances in full within 3-weeks of purchase.
As far as fees go, this card is also quite forgiving with its processing charges and penalties. For example you can never expect to pay more than 3% in processing charges for balance transfers, cash advances, and foreign currency exchanges. Also, the maximum processing charge you can expect to pay is $200. In terms of penalties, you can expect to pay no more than $35 at a time for making a late payment or having a payment check returned. What is most notable, however, is that this card does not require you to pay an over-the-limit fee and it does not have a reverted penalty APR.
|Reward Types:||- Airline Reward Cards|
- Other Rewards Cards
- Travel Reward Cards
- Universal Reward Cards
|Rewards:||- 2,500 rewards bonus points after your first purchase.|
- 1 point for every dollar in credit card purchases with no cap or expiration date on points.
- Earn points toward air travel with no blackout dates, brand-name merchandise, gift certificates, cash or charitable donations.
|Other Benefits:||- Auto Rental Insurance|
- Worldwide Automatic Travel Accident Insurance
- Extended Warranty Protection for purchases
- Purchase Assurance Coverage
- See card Terms and Condition for additional travel and retail benefits
|Online Account Access:||Yes|
|Applied Towards:||Balance Transfer, Checks|
|Introductory Period:||12 months on BT*|
|APR on Purchases:||as low as 9.90% (variable)*|
|Grace Period:||25 days*|
|Late Payment Fee:||$35.00*|
|Over Limit Fee:||$0.00|
|Transfer Fee (%):||3.00%|
|APR Cash Advances:||25.90%|
|Cash Advance Fee:||3.00%|
|Additional Fees||- Foreign Transaction fee: 1% of each transaction in U.S. dollars|
- Returned Payment fee: $35.00
You may also be interested in:
† The information provided for USAA Rewards World MasterCard is believed to be accurate at the time of evaluation (Dec 1, 2014). We strongly advise visitors to review the terms and conditions to verify accuracy of the information posted prior to applying for the product.