Credit Card Review & Application
*This offer is expired and no longer available for application.
- Earn 20,000 bonus miles when you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 90 days - that's enough to redeem for a $200 travel statement credit
- 0% intro APR for 12 months for each Balance Transfer made within 45 days of account opening. After that, a variable APR currently 14.99% or 18.99%, depending on your creditworthiness.
- Earn 2X miles on travel and dining and 1X miles on all other purchases
- Miles don't expire as long as your account is open, active and in good standing
- Book the travel you want - airfare, hotels, cruises and more and earn miles on your purchase
- Get 10% miles back to use toward your next redemption every time you redeem for travel statement credits
- No foreign transaction fees on anything you buy while in another country
- Complimentary online FICO® Credit Score access for Barclaycard Arrival cardmembers
|Introductory Period:||12 months on BT|
|APR on Purchases:||14.99% or 18.99% (variable)*|
|Card Issuer:||Barclays Bank Delaware|
|Card Category:||Consumer (Premium)|
|Card Type:||- Co-Branded|
- Instant Decision
- No Foreign Transaction Fee
- Reward Card
The Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard is the answer to other no-annual-fee credit cards like Capital One VentureOne and the Chase Sapphire card. The World MasterCard has features that most individuals need in a card, so it has some useful features, but the attractive benefits are what seem to set it apart from the pack. Of those that will benefit from this card are the frequent travelers.
The rewards aspect of the program is standard, yet attractive, for this travel credit card. Points are earned for every dollar spent on travel and dining, with a specific point number awarded on purchases. One nice feature is the 10 percent miles-back travel redemption bonus, which truly reduces the cost of traveling when paying for the trip with accumulated miles.
The APR is reasonable when compared to competitor cards and there is also the ability to do balance transfers. Because of the average APR, credit card balances from high interest cards can be transferred to this card in order to save money. The APR is going to vary based on creditworthiness. It is also a variable rate, which means it can change. It's usual range is not really considered extremely low or high, but it falls in line with most cards within its category.
And unlike many travel cards, there is no annual fee associated with this one. The reason why most travel credit cards have annual fees is because it is so easy to do. The travel savings tend to pay for the fee again and again, but this card becomes even more competitive because of its lack of a fee. There is also the fat that cardholders have the ability to book any airline at any time or they can choose hotels, cruises, and much more. There are no limitations as to what airline can be used and when it is used.
As for the other fees and charges that are applicable to the card, a unique feature is the fact that no foreign transaction fees are charged. This is a major money saver for cardholders who tend to travel internationally. Typically, foreign transaction fees can be 3 percent or above per transaction, but that is not the case with this card.
When it comes to the rewards program, it is rather straightforward. Miles are earned for every dollar spent on the card and 10 percent can be earned back when miles are redeemed for travel agencies, airlines, motels, hotels, passenger railways, cruises, and car rentals. This alone makes it important to use the card when traveling. Because you receive 10 percent back, you are technically redeeming accrued miles when using the card to pay for travel.
Cardholders are also able to redeem their miles for gift cards, statement credit, and merchandise. These redemption options do not qualify for the 10 percent miles back, but they are options that individuals who do not travel often can still enjoy with the card. Being that there is no limit to the number of miles that can be earned, miles can be used for a little bit of everything.
Barclaycard also makes things a little more interesting with introductory offers. These offers are typically free for the first year and then there's a charge after that introductory period. The one year of trying a service or taking advantage of an offer gives a cardholder the opportunity to see if it is an effective service or, if not, there may be a more affordable version of it if it was beneficial to you in any way.
Lastly, access to customer service is rather easy in that you can call the hotline on the back of the card or you can access your account online. Customer service is available 24/7, whether you are home or on the go. You can access your account balance, available credit, make payments, and much more. If you cannot find the answer to your question online, a customer service representative can help you.
The review prepared by CreditCardsCo™. Opinions expressed therein are solely those of the reviewer.
|Reward Types:||- Airline Rewards|
- Travel Rewards
|Rewards:||- 20,000 bonus miles when you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 90 days - that's enough to redeem for a $200 travel statement credit|
- 2X miles on travel and dining
- 1X miles on all other purchases
- 10% miles back to use toward your next redemption every time you redeem for travel statement credits
|Other Benefits:||*See website for other card benefits|
|Online Account Access:||Yes|
|Applied Towards:||Balance Transfer|
|Introductory Period:||12 months on BT*|
|APR on Purchases:||14.99% or 18.99% (variable)*|
|Grace Period:||23 days*|
|Min Finance Charge:||$2.00|
|Late Payment Fee:||N/A*|
|Over Limit Fee:||Up to $35|
|Transfer Fee (%):||4.00%|
|APR Cash Advances:||25.24%|
|Cash Advance Fee:||5.00%|
|Additional Fees||Returned Payment: Up to $35 (the amount of the fee varies by state)|
You may also be interested in:
* The information provided for Barclaycard Arrival™ World MasterCard® is believed to be accurate at the time of evaluation (Dec 8, 2017). We strongly advise visitors to review the terms and conditions to verify accuracy of the information and fees posted prior to applying for the product.