Sheriff Joe Arpaio, who has a well known reputation for giving criminals not much slack and forcing them to sleep in campgrounds and wear pink prison clothes, has become an unlikely victim of a credit card scam.
It’s been on the back burner for quite some time, partly because the announcement that Facebook would be offering its users prepaid debit cards came just days before the company went public.
In what some find surprising, news broke on Wednesday that the U.S. economy shrank late last year. Others, however, are saying they’re not at all surprised and say it was just a matter of time since there’s so much upheaval in Congress and the Obama Administration.
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) has been promising changes in the way mortgages are written in this country and as promised, it’s now delivered what it refers to as the Ability to Repay Rule. The goal was simple: to ensure a level of common sense was built into borrowing and lending guidelines.
Prosecutors in the U.S. charged three foreign nationals on Wednesday and allegations include targeting and distributing viruses that infected 1 million computers around the globe; 40,000 of which were in the U.S.
- New Compliance Rules Mean Safer Mortgages
- Here We Go Again: Bieber Hawks Prepaid Debit Card
- Fiscal Cliff: Cure Worse Than Disease?
- College Freshmen: File for FAFSA
- Single and With Credit
- Bernie Madoff Giving Financial Advice?
- Joint Efforts Halt Illegal Advance Fees
- Watch Out for Last Minute Gift Card Traps
- FHA to Change Reverse Mortgage Program
- Reining in High Student Loan Debt
- The AMEX CEO BootCamp for Women
- Small Business Credit When Credit Scores are Low
- Is the Financial Crisis Really Behind Us?
- Mastercard Stand Up To Cancer Campaign
- New Prepaid Cards Data
- Cordray is Confirmed CFPB Chief
- Business Travel Rewards – US Bank & AMEX Business
- Personal Finance and Same Sex Marriages
- Are Banks Still Relevant?
- Customer of ‘Big Banks’? You Pay More Banking Fees
- An Easy Credit Line With The Luxe Signature Card
- The READYdebit Visa Latte Control Prepaid Card Is A Flexible Banking Option
- Control Card Costs With The Travelocity Rewards American Express Card
- Carnival MasterCard From Barclaycard Makes Free Cruises Possible
- Net First Platinum Provides Unique Opportunities
- Achieve Spending Freedom With The ACE Elite Blue Visa Prepaid Debit Card
- Get Something Back With The Wyndham Rewards Visa Signature Card
- Manage Business Spending With The U.S. Bank Business Edge™ Platinum Visa
- Save On Hotel Stays With The Choice Privileges Visa Card
- Get Special Perks With The Hawaiian Airlines World Elite MasterCard
- What Are The Differences Between Sub Prime and Prime Credit Cards?
- What Are Pre-Approved Credit Card Offers?
- Who Are The Largest Credit Card Processors?
- How Do I Get The Best Credit Card Deal?
- Is There A Time Limitation On Collecting Credit Card Debt?
- How Transferring Credit Card Balances Can Affect Your Credit Score?
- What Happens When My Credit Card Payments Are Late?
- How Do I Settle Credit Card Debt?
- Finding Out How Many Credit Cards Have Been Issued in My Name?
- Should I Consolidate My Credit Card Debt?