Card Review & Application
First Progress Platinum Elite Mastercard® Secured Credit Card
- Receive Your Card More Quickly with New Expedited Processing Option
- No Credit History or Minimum Credit Score Required for Approval
- Quick and Complete Online Application; No credit inquiry required!
- Includes Free Real-Time Access to Your Credit Score and Ongoing Credit Monitoring powered by Experian
- Full-Feature Platinum Mastercard® Secured Credit Card; Try our new Mobile App for Android users!
- Good for Car Rental, Hotels; Anywhere Credit Cards Are Accepted!
- Monthly Reporting to all 3 Major Credit Bureaus to Establish Credit History
- Credit Line Secured by Your Fully Refundable Deposit of $200 to $2,000 Submitted with Application
- Just Pay Off Your Balance and Receive Your Deposit Back at Any Time
- 24/7 Online Access to Your Account
- Nationwide program; available in all 50 US states *See Card Terms.
- Get a fresh start! A discharged bankruptcy still in your credit bureau file will not cause you to be declined.
- ¡Hablamos Español! Nuestros representantes de servicio al cliente hablan Español con fluidez para su conveniencia.
- Make 6 months of on time payments & you'll be invited to apply for an unsecured First Digital Mastercard!
|APR on Purchases:||24.99% (variable)*|
|Card Issuer:||Synovus Bank|
|Card Category:||Consumer (Secured)|
|Card Type:||- Building Credit|
- Card for Bad Credit
- Instant Decision
- New to Credit
- No Credit Check
|Credit Needed:||Bad Credit OK*|
The First Progress Platinum Elite Mastercard Secured credit card is designed to provide credit to everyone. There is no credit history or minimum credit score required to approve for the card. This makes it easier for anyone to get the power of MasterCard in their wallet. The application is available online, making it possible to get the card faster.
The online application will request basic personal information. This includes such things as name, address and social security number. The card will require applicants to have a checking account, debit card or prepaid card in order to qualify. Applicants will also be requested to submit a security deposit for the credit card to be issued.
The amount of the security deposit can vary from applicant to applicant. This is a fully-refundable deposit. Once the security deposit is paid, the credit line will be issued. The more a person pays for the security deposit, the more credit will be released on the card.
Monthly reporting takes place with the credit bureaus. All three credit bureaus learn of the account performance. Those who are trying to improve their credit score will benefit from this service. When the payments are made on time and the credit line isn't passed over, then the credit score will steadily increase.
Fraud protection is included on the card. The account activity will be monitored on an ongoing basis. When there is suspicious activity, the cardholder will be notified. If an unauthorized transaction is made, the cardholder will not be required to pay it. Customer service can be contacted to dispute the charge and it will be removed from the statement.
Customer service representatives are available 24/7. Representatives can be reached online or by calling a toll free phone number. Questions about account details, card features and general inquiries can be made at any time. There is no charge to reach customer service through either method.
Online account management is provided on the card. Cardholders can create a log in for a secure way to get account details. Statements can be viewed, printed or downloaded. Bills can be paid online. It will also be possible to see the available credit line, statement balance and other details to help with better budgeting.
The application online will take a few minutes to complete. After the personal information is verified, the amount of the security deposit will be revealed. After an applicant pays the security deposit, the request for the card will be processed. The card can then be received by mail in as soon as five days. When the card is activated, all platinum benefits begin immediately.
The review prepared by CreditCardsCo™. Opinions expressed therein are solely those of the reviewer.
|Other Benefits:||*See Terms and Conditions of the card|
|Online Account Access:||Yes|
|APR on Purchases:||24.99% (variable)*|
|Grace Period:||25 Days*|
|Min Credit Line:||$200|
|Max Credit Line:||$2,000|
|Late Payment Fee:||$41.00*|
|APR Cash Advances:||29.99%|
|Additional Fees||Returned Payment: up to $41.00|
Foreign Transaction Fee: 3%
You may also be interested in:
* The information provided for First Progress Platinum Elite Mastercard® Secured Credit Card is believed to be accurate at the time of evaluation (Jun 6, 2023). We strongly advise visitors to review the terms and conditions to verify accuracy of the information and fees posted prior to applying for the product.