Credit Card Review & Application
- With Netspend Direct Deposit, you can get paid faster than a paper check.
- No late fees or interest charges because this is not a credit card.
- No Overdraft Fees on purchases using your card.
- Use the NetSpend Mobile App to manage your account on the go and get a text message or email alerts (Message & data rates may apply).
- Card issued by MetaBank®, Member FDIC. The card may be used everywhere Visa Debit cards are accepted. Click "Get My Card" for full details.
- See additional NetSpend® Prepaid Visa® details.
|APR on Purchases:||N/A *|
|Card Issuer:||Meta Bank|
|Card Category:||Consumer (Stored Value)|
|Card Type:||- Card for Bad Credit|
- Guaranteed Approval
- Instant Decision Card
- Prepaid Debit Card
- Tax Refund Card
- Reward Card
|Credit Needed:||Bad Credit OK*|
NetSpend Visa Prepaid Debit Card is a unique way for consumers to limit spending. The only amount that can be spent on the card is the amount that the consumer places upon it. An individual can shop anywhere that Visa is accepted, allowing for the card to be used the same way as a credit card.
There are two ways in which money can be placed upon the card. A consumer can have their paycheck deposited directly into the account or can visit a NetSpend Reload Center. A Reload Center is a retail location such as a gas station or a grocery store that charge a small fee to place money onto the card.
There is a small monthly fee is for what are called the "Fee Advantage Customers". This is opposed to the "Pay-As-You-Go" customers that pay fees as purchases are made. For instance, a small fee is paid for each signature purchase, a small fee is paid for each PIN purchase, and a card fulfillment fee that includes shipping and handling is also paid.
Using this card makes it easier for consumers to pay their bills online, especially recurrent bills where the amount can be automatically debited from the card. There are fees to be aware of, such as an account maintenance fee that is waived if a transaction is carried out within 90 days. A check and additional statement fee may also be charged, as well as an ATM withdrawal fee. If a transaction is turned down at the ATM, there is a fee for that as well.
NetSpend is issued by Metabank. This is a card that is ideal for everyday purchases that you wouldn't be able to make otherwise or you wouldn't want to make with your credit card. In other words, there is added security when using this card for those insecure about using a credit or bank account debit card in certain situations.
As for the maximum amount that can be loaded onto the card, it simply depends on the type of card that is issued. This information is included with your particular NetSpend card.
Furthermore, cardholders do not have to worry about interest charges and overdraft fees. The amount that is spent is dependent on how much money is placed into the account.
The review prepared by CreditCardsCo™. Opinions expressed therein are solely those of the reviewer.
|Rewards:||- Cash back with NetSpend Payback Rewards(TM).|
- Prescription Discounts - up to 55% off!
|Other Benefits:||- Direct Deposit|
- Payback Rewards℠
See Terms and Conditions
|Online Account Access:||Yes|
|100% Guarantee Approval:||Yes|
|APR on Purchases:||N/A *|
|Late Payment Fee:||N/A*|
|Additional Fees||- Card Purchase Fee: Up to $9.95|
- Foreign Transaction Surcharge: 4%
- Replacement Card Fee: $9.95
- Custom Card Fee: $4.95 (per card)
- Inactivity Fee: $5.95 (after 90 days of no car activity)
You may also be interested in:
* The information provided for NetSpend® Visa® Prepaid Debit Card is believed to be accurate at the time of evaluation (Jun 9, 2020). We strongly advise visitors to review the terms and conditions to verify accuracy of the information and fees posted prior to applying for the product.