Credit Card Review & Application
- Excellent Credit Required - Applicants that do not have excellent credit will not be approved
- Low 9.50% variable standard purchase APR and platinum benefits
No balance transfer fee for balances transferred in response to this online offer
- Travel Rewards - cardholders who enroll in the program receive one point per net dollar spent
- Choose any U.S. based airline or ticket class. No blackout dates or seating restrictions
- Other travel related options are hotels, cruises, vacation packages, car rental, and restaurants
- No Annual Fee
|Introductory Period:||12 months on BT|
|APR on Purchases:||11.75% (variable)*|
|Card Issuer:||Simmons First Bank|
|Card Category:||Consumer (Premium)|
|Card Type:||- Low Interest Credit Card|
- Reward Card
The Simmons Bank Visa Platinum Rewards is more than an emergency expense card. It is a platinum credit card for the elite consumer to take advantage of travel rewards, a low fixed APR and highly favorable card benefits. This card gives you the pleasure of a platinum card without charging high fees; the opposite of which a larger number of platinum cards seem to have taken up. You can use this card for everyday spending or for those special moments where you have to make a hefty purchase, the decision is yours.
With travel rewards cardholders who register in the program will receive one point per dollar spent on most purchases. Points can be redeemed for air travel with no blackout dates and seat restrictions. Other reward options include discounted hotels, cruises, car rental, restaurant, and vacation packages with eligible retailers.
Probably the most important aspect of this credit card offer is its interest rate. This offer promises a fixed APR meaning you wouldn't have a credit card whose interest rate changes with the US prime rates. This form of stability could provide you with even greater control over finances, and expenditure with long term planning of meticulous precision.
The card does not charge an annual fee.
Travel Accident Insurance covers all cardholders against accidental death and dismemberment on common carrier tickets (including airline, rail, and cruise line.) This insurance comes at no extra cost to the cardholder and has coverage of up to $1,000,000. Car rental loss/damage waiver gives coverage for damage, loss and theft of rental cars provided the entire rental transaction is charged to this credit card. With emergency cash and card replacement it's easier to report your card as lost or stolen when at home or away on travel.
In summary the Simmons Bank Visa Platinum Rewards is a complete credit card for the prudent consumer with excellent credit. Global Acceptance on this Visa Platinum Rewards credit card would give a cardholder access to obtain cash from ATMs worldwide and make payment with over 24 million outlets scattered in over 200 countries. Apply online and you could get a copy of the card shortly after the application is approved.
The review prepared by CreditCardsCo™. Opinions expressed therein are solely those of the reviewer.
|Reward Types:||- Travel Reward Cards|
- Universal Reward Cards
|Reward for $1 spent:||1.00|
|Rewards:||- 1.25 points per net dollar spent on their card.|
- Points redeemable for cash back, airfare, dream vacations, and top merchandise.
|Other Benefits:||- Auto Rental Insurance|
- Car rental Loss/Damage waiver
- Travel Accident Insurance
- $1,000,000 VISA Platinum credit card coverage
- Emergency cash replacement
- Emergency card replacement
|Online Account Access:||Yes|
|Introductory Period:||12 months on BT*|
|APR on Purchases:||11.75% (variable)*|
|Grace Period:||25 days*|
|Late Payment Fee:||$29.00*|
|Over Limit Fee:||$29.00|
|Transfer Fee (%):||3.00%|
|APR Cash Advances:||15.75%|
|Cash Advance Fee:||3.00%|
|Additional Fees||Foreign Transaction Fee: 2%|
Convenience Check: 12.95%
Penalty Rate: 16.95%*
You may also be interested in:
* The information provided for Simmons Bank Visa® Platinum Rewards is believed to be accurate at the time of evaluation (Feb 10, 2020). We strongly advise visitors to review the terms and conditions to verify accuracy of the information and fees posted prior to applying for the product.