Credit Card Review & Application
- Special Offer: $20 full year membership
- Try Student Advantage for 30 days
- Shop online or around campus
- Save up to 50% at thousands of locations by showing your Card
- Discount travel deals on airfare, rail fares and bus tickets
- Entertainment discounts on MP3s, DVDs, books and movie tickets
- Discount fashion including clothing, footwear and accessories
|APR on Purchases:||N/A *|
|Card Issuer:||Other Issuers|
|Card Network:||Other Networks|
|Card Category:||Student (Shopping)|
|Card Type:||- Card for Bad Credit|
- Co-Branded Card
- Gift Card
- Guaranteed Approval
- Shopping Card
- Ultimate Financial Offer
|Credit Needed:||Accepts All*|
Student Advantage Card is the perfect savings card for students at colleges and universities. Several universities like Carnegie Mellon, University of San Diego, University of Vermont, and University of Colorado - Boulder have embedded this into their Student ID cards so students there need only activate it to become a part of this world.
The card is rightly designed to accommodate college students at all levels. Students or Parents can order a one year, 2 year, 3 year, and 4 year card (for freshmen). Eligible individuals are charged $20 for the one year card (varies with country of resident), $30for the 2 year card, $40 for the 3 year card, and $50 for the 4 year card. All prices are exclusive of a $2.50 shipping and handling fee.
Amazingly, those behind this card have partnered with several retailers, and service providers ensuring students get discounts as high as 50% or more on purchases, plus as cardholder you'll have access to regular updates on the latest deals. So there are various categories to earn savings including food, travel, dorm, technology, health, clothing, and miscellaneous. Each category is packed with participating merchants, for example, technology has participating merchants including Lenovo, Toshiba, and T Mobile, while the clothing category boasts of merchants including Armani Exchange, Foot Locker, and UrbanOutFitters.com.
As a Student aged over 16 years, the Student Advantage Card is primarily designed as an opportunity to earn discount savings on everyday purchases. If you school is a densely populated city, this card could be just what you've been waiting for. Participating merchants are mostly those near campuses, and online. Cash backs and rebates earned are easily redeemed by following the instructions given in enrollment confirmation emails. And cardholders get an email each time they purchase from participating merchants.
Signing up for the card is easy. Just fill out an online form where you input your school, expected graduation year and shipping address. Once this is done you may expect to receive the card within 7 days. You then activate it over the internet. Cardholders who lose their cards can have a replacement card for $7.50.
Participating merchants are either listed on the Advantage card's main website or will display a Student Advantage "Accepted Here" logo.
The review prepared by CreditCardsCo™. Opinions expressed therein are solely those of the reviewer.
|Other Benefits:||- 1-800-FLOWERS.COM - 15% OFF!|
- Alamo Rent A Car - Up to 20% OFF
- AllPosters.com - 20% OFF everything!
- Alltel - SAVE up to $100 on cell phones
- AlX Armani Exchange - 15% OFF Online
- AMC Theatres - Up to 40% OFF pre-paid tickets
- Amtrak - SAVE 15% on Rail Fares
- Apple Online Store - SAVE up to 10% plus enhanced Student Advantage offers
- Art.com - SAVE 15%
- AT&T - SAVE up to $100 on cell phones
- Barnes & Noble.com/sa - SAVE 5% at Barnes & Noble.com/sa
- Beauty.com - SAVE 10%
- Bluefly.com - $15 OFF purchases of $75 or more
- CBcampus.com - 20% OFF
- CBSSportsStore.com - 15% OFF
- Champion.com - 10% OFF
- Champs Sports - $10 OFF Purchases of $50 or More
- CheapTickets - Up to $50 OFF qualifying flight + hotel packages
- Choice Hotels International - 15% OFF participating hotels
- CliffsNotes.com - 20% OFF
- DicksSportingGoods.com - 15% OFF your order (exclusions apply)
- Dollar Rent A Car - SAVE 5%-25% on car rentals
- drugstore.com - SAVE 10% at drugstore.com
- Eastbay - 15% OFF orders of $75 or more
- eBags.com - 10% OFF plus FREE shipping
- EF College Break - SAVE $95 on tours
- EMS - 15% OFF In-Store
- eMusic - 35 FREE Songs & 20% OFF Annual Membership
- FogDog.com - 17% OFF entire order!
- Foot Locker - $10 OFF Purchases of $50 or More
- Footaction - $10 OFF Purchases of $50 or More
- Godiva Chocolatier - SAVE 12%
- Greyhound - 15% OFF Walk-Up Fares and Online
- Hanes.com - 10% OFF
- Hostelworld.com - $2 booking fee waived
- ICE.com - 20% OFF
- JoesSports.com - 20% OFF
- JourneyEd - $10 OFF thousands of software titles
- Karmaloop.com - 15% OFF orders of $75 or more
- Lady Foot Locker - $10 OFF Purchases of $50 or More
- Lenovo Thinkpad - SAVE up to an additional 29%
- macys.com - 20% OFF online purchases of $100 or more
- MCSports.com - 20% OFF
- Modells.com - 15% OFF
- National Car Rental - Up to 20% OFF
- NBAStore.com - 10% OFF
- Nextel - SAVE up to $100 on cell phones
- NFLShop.com - 10% OFF
- Office Depot - 10% OFF all supplies and furniture
- Orbitz - Up to $50 OFF qualifying flight + hotel packages
- Pearle Vision - Up to 25% OFF
- PEOPLE Magazine - Over 30% OFF!
- Popcorn Factory - 10% OFF!
- Shoebuy.com - 15% OFF Plus Free Shipping
- Shop.NHL.com - 15% OFF
- Shop.Rockport.com - 10% OFF orders over $100
- Sierra Trading Post - 10% OFF orders of $75 or more!
- SmartBargains - 12% OFF For New Customers, FREE SHIPPING on orders over $75
- SportsAuthority.com - 15% OFF entire order!
- Sprint - SAVE up to $100 on cell phones
- Store.Nascar.com - 15% OFF
- Student Travel Services (STS) - $120 OFF Caribbean pck & $10 OFF Florida /Hotel only pck
- StudentCity.com - SAVE up to $300 on Spring Break Destinations!
- Studentmags.com - Up to 85% OFF over 800 Magazine Titles
- Swell.com - 15% OFF
- Target.com - 10% OFF online
- TeamStore.com - 18% OFF
- The Ultimate Steal - Get Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007 for $59.95!
- Timberland.com - 15% OFF
- T-Mobile - 12% OFF recurring charges
- Topdeck - 10% OFF
- Topman - 10% OFF
- Topshop - 10% OFF
- Toshiba Direct - Up to 25% OFF list price
- TuitionCoach.com - 20% OFF TuitionCoach annual subscription
- UrbanOutfitters.com - 10% OFF purchases of $75 or more at UrbanOutfitters.com
- Verizon Wireless - SAVE up to $100 on cell phones
- VisionDirect.com - Get 10% OFF all VisionDirect.com orders!
|Comments:||*If you don't save, you don't pay! 30 Day Money-Back Guarantee.|
|Online Account Access:||Yes|
|100% Guarantee Approval:||Yes|
|APR on Purchases:||N/A *|
|Late Payment Fee:||N/A*|
|Additional Fees||1-Year Card: Eligible individuals can sign-up for a 1-year Card. The current retail price of the one-year Card (the " Fee") depends on your country of residence. For United States residents, the Fee is $20* plus an additional $2.50* for shipping and handling. You agree to pay the Fee when the charge is incurred. The 1-year Card is valid for a period of at least 12 months from the time of issue, as noted on the expiration date listed on the 1-year Card.|
2-Year Card: Eligible individuals can sign-up for a 2-year Card for a Fee of $30* plus $2.50 for shipping and handling. 3-Year Card: Eligible individuals can sign-up for a 3-year Card for a Fee of $40* plus $2.50 for shipping and handling.
3-Year Card: Eligible individuals can sign-up for a 3-year Card for a Fee of $40* plus $2.50 for shipping and handling.
4-year Card: Eligible individuals can sign-up for a 4-year Card for a Fee of $50* plus $2.50* for shipping and handling.
*Note: Pricing exceptions apply. SA reserves the right to modify the Fee at any time for any reason in its sole discretion without notice.
1-Year Card fee - $20.00
2-Years Card fee - $30.00
3-Years Card fee - $40.00
4-Years Card fee - $50.00
SA Lost Card replacement - $7.50
Shipping and handling - $2.50
You may also be interested in:
* The information provided for Student Advantage Card is believed to be accurate at the time of evaluation (Jun 14, 2017). We strongly advise visitors to review the terms and conditions to verify accuracy of the information and fees posted prior to applying for the product.