Credit Card Articles
Virgin America Visa Signature Card
Virgin America wants to be your airline of choice. They have developed a credit card with awesome benefits like a lucrative rewards program that make it easier for you to earn and redeem flights with their airline.
If you live in North America and like to travel, the Virgin America Visa Signature credit card could be something you should consider.
The Rewards Program
The first thing that will probably attract you to this card is the rewards program. Obviously you will have to look closely to see how this card compares with others since so many of them offer a rewards program of some kind. This one, of course, gives you access to rewards as only Virgin America can:
- Earn 3 points on the $1 when you use your card towards Virgin America
- Earn 1 point on the $1 on all other purchases
- Earn up 1,200 additional points every year (300 bonus points for every $5,000 in charges)
- Earn 10,000 bonus points with your first purchase
- Earn up to 5,000 bonus points when you make an initial balance transfer in the first 30 days of opening your account
- Earn up to 10,000 Elevate status points every year (when you make $25,000 in charges)
As you can see, this card offers more benefits than many other cards with a similar program. This makes it so easy for you to earn more points, particularly in the first year of opening your account and that means you can redeem your points earlier than other cards!
While these exclusive benefits may be more than enough to convince you to consider this card there are several other benefits that you should also take a look at. These benefits are available to you as soon as you receive your new card, with some benefits renewable every year:
- Exclusive deals and upgrades at some of the best hotels, resorts, and spas in the world
- $150 discount on a companion ticket
- Low annual fee ($49)
- No blackout dates - redeem your rewards for any seat, any flight, any time
- Passenger Facility Charge and Segment Fees are waived for domestic rewards flights
You should keep in mind that discounts and deals can sometimes take a few days so they may require advanced notice or purchase. The companion ticket discount, for example, will only apply to bookings made 14-days in advance.
Of course, in addition to these exclusive benefits you will also appreciate that this card gives you access to competitive interest rates, which is the basic benefit of credit cards: access to money at a competitive rate. This card, then, lets you enjoy convenient credit, exclusive benefits, world travel, and the freedom to choose how and when you enjoy your rewards in a variety of ways.
For example, you will be able to take advantage of a low introductory interest rate on balance transfers for up to the first 15 months of opening your account. This will let you transfer, and perhaps even consolidate, existing credit card balances from cards with more substantial interest rates so you can enjoy a lower rate. In the long run this could save you a great deal of money; which you can then use while you travel the world with your rewards points.
Balance transfer can be applied to any existing Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Discover card account and must be at least $100 and no more than $20,000. You should also keep in mind that all balance transfers are subject to a processing fee and that all transfers will take up to 10 days, during which time you are also allowed to cancel or make changes to your request.
Applying For Your Card
While the benefits this card provides are somewhat exclusive and special, applying for this card is very similar to that of other cards. When you find the online application you will be able supply them with the information they require to process and approve you. This includes things like:
- Your contact information
- Your income information
- Your employment status
- Your financial and credit history
The Virgin America Visa Signature Card offer more ways to earn rewards points and exclusive discounts you won't find anywhere else. With competitive rates and low a annual fee you will also save money.
- How Your Tax Refund Can Affect Your Credit Cards
- Control Card Costs With The Travelocity Rewards American Express Card
- Benefits of Visa Platinum from Credit One Bank
- Things To Know Before Switching Credit Cards
- Capital One Spark Cash for Business Card Review
Credit Card FAQ
- How Do I Settle Credit Card Debt?
- Who Are The Largest Credit Card Processors?
- Can I Get a Credit Card Without a Job?
- What Happens When A Credit Card Company Sues Me?
- I Am Under 18 – Can I Get A Credit Card?
- More at: Credit Card FAQ