Card Review & Application
- No credit check to apply and find out instantly if you are approved
- OpenSky gives everyone an opportunity to improve their credit with an 85% average approval rate for the past 5 years
- Get considered for a credit line increase after 6 months, with no additional deposit required
- You could be eligible for the OpenSky Gold Unsecured Card after as few as 6 months
- Reports to all 3 major credit bureaus monthly, unlike a prepaid or debit card
- View your FICO® Score through your OpenSky account, an easy way to stay on top of your credit
- Nearly half of OpenSky cardholders who make on-time payments improve their FICO score 30+ points in the first 3 months
- Your refundable* deposit, as low as $200, becomes your OpenSky Visa credit limit
- Easy application, apply in less than 5 minutes right from your mobile device
- Offer flexible payment due dates which allow you to choose any available due date that fits your payment schedule
- *View the cardholder agreement
|APR on Purchases:||20.39% (variable)*|
|Card Issuer:||Other Issuers|
|Card Category:||Consumer (Secured)|
|Card Type:||- Building Credit|
- Card for Bad Credit
- Damaged Credit
- Guaranteed Approval
- No Credit Check
|Credit Needed:||Bad Credit OK*|
OpenSky® Secured Visa® is the ideal secured credit card with which to improve a below average credit rating over time. Prospective cardholders can get one of these with little ease provided they are able to make a security deposit.
This deposit is returned to the cardholder in event the account is closed with any owed charges deducted. The card is advertised as a low cost secured card providing a means to an end for individuals in serious need of credit.
Cardholders deposit anywhere from $200 to $3,000 into an FDIC insured account held by the cards' issuer. Cardholders choose their credit limit by depositing how much credit they'd like to receive into the secured account.
A midterm introductory APR period applies towards purchases. Cardholders do not incur any interest throughout this period. After the intro period, purchase APR remains variable and highly competitive. Balance transfers are not permitted. Cash advances attract a 3.50% transaction fee.
Cardholders do not incur an annual or monthly maintenance fee.
Cardholders receive added benefits including emergency card replacement, auto collision damage and more from Visa. Zero fraud liability covers all online purchase transactions. In event an unauthorized transaction occurs the cardholder receives full reimbursement.
Free online account access gives round the clock unrestricted access to available balance and transactions conducted throughout previous billing cycles. A friendly customer service lays on hand to assist cardholders with card related problems.
OpenSky® Secured Visa® Card is a beneficial secured credit card for consumers who'd like to build credit over time. Since unsecured credit isn't always available to individuals having bad credit, this secured credit card gives its members another chance by enabling them build a solid history or rebuild credit over a period of time.
Prospective cardholders are required to make a security deposit into an FDIC insured account with card issuing Bank.
Credit reporting applies to all 3 major credit bureaus.
We advise you read and understand the cards' terms and conditions before applying.
The review prepared by CreditCardsCo™. Opinions expressed therein are solely those of the reviewer.
|Other Benefits:||- Choose your credit limit-up to $3000|
- $0 fraud liability
- Report to all 3 major credit bureaus
- Friendly Customer Service
- Fee 24-hour online account access
- Auto collision damage
- Emergency card replacement
|Comments:||*View our Cardholder Agreement located at the bottom of the application page for details of the card.|
|Online Account Access:||Yes|
|100% Guarantee Approval:||Yes|
|APR on Purchases:||20.39% (variable)*|
|Grace Period:||25 days*|
|Min Finance Charge:||$1.00|
|Min Credit Line:||$200|
|Max Credit Line:||$3,000|
|Late Payment Fee:||Up to $38*|
|Over Limit Fee:||$20.00|
|APR Cash Advances:||20.39%|
|Cash Advance Fee:||5.00%|
|Additional Fees||Returned Payment Fee: $25.00|
Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of each transaction in U.S. dollars
Cash Advance: Either $6 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
You may also be interested in:
* The information provided for OpenSky® Secured Visa® is believed to be accurate at the time of evaluation (Oct 26, 2022). We strongly advise visitors to review the terms and conditions to verify accuracy of the information and fees posted prior to applying for the product.