Credit Card Review & Application
- No credit check necessary to apply. OpenSky believes in giving an opportunity to everyone.
- The refundable* deposit you provide becomes your credit line limit on your Visa card. Choose it yourself, from as low as $200.
- Build credit quickly. OpenSky reports to all 3 major credit bureaus.
- 99% of our customers who started without a credit score earned a credit score record with the credit bureaus in as little as 6 months.
- We have a Facebook community of people just like you; there is a forum for shared experiences, and insights from others on our Facebook Fan page. (Search "OpenSky Card" in Facebook.)
- OpenSky provides credit tips and a dedicated credit education page on our website to support you along the way.
- *View our Cardholder Agreement located at the bottom of the application page for details of the card.
|APR on Purchases:||17.39% (variable)*|
|Card Issuer:||Other Issuers|
|Card Category:||Consumer (Secured)|
|Card Type:||- Card for Bad Credit|
|Credit Needed:||Bad Credit OK*|
OpenSky® Secured Visa® is the ideal secured credit card with which to improve a below average credit rating over time. Prospective cardholders can get one of these with little ease provided they are able to make a security deposit.
This deposit is returned to the cardholder in event the account is closed with any owed charges deducted. The card is advertised as a low cost secured card providing a means to an end for individuals in serious need of credit.
Cardholders deposit anywhere from $200 to $3,000 into an FDIC insured account held by the cards' issuer. Cardholders choose their credit limit by depositing how much credit they'd like to receive into the secured account.
A midterm introductory APR period applies towards purchases. Cardholders do not incur any interest throughout this period. After the intro period, purchase APR remains variable and highly competitive. Balance transfers are not permitted. Cash advances attract a 3.50% transaction fee.
Cardholders do not incur an annual or monthly maintenance fee.
Cardholders receive added benefits including emergency card replacement, auto collision damage and more from Visa. Zero fraud liability covers all online purchase transactions. In event an unauthorized transaction occurs the cardholder receives full reimbursement.
Free online account access gives round the clock unrestricted access to available balance and transactions conducted throughout previous billing cycles. A friendly customer service lays on hand to assist cardholders with card related problems.
OpenSky® Secured Visa® Card is a beneficial secured credit card for consumers who'd like to build credit over time. Since unsecured credit isn't always available to individuals having bad credit, this secured credit card gives its members another chance by enabling them build a solid history or rebuild credit over a period of time.
Prospective cardholders are required to make a security deposit into an FDIC insured account with card issuing Bank.
Credit reporting applies to all 3 major credit bureaus.
We advise you read and understand the cards' terms and conditions before applying.
The review prepared by CreditCardsCo™. Opinions expressed therein are solely those of the reviewer.
|Other Benefits:||- Choose your credit limit-up to $3000|
- $0 fraud liability
- Report to all 3 major credit bureaus
- Friendly Customer Service
- Fee 24-hour online account access
- Auto collision damage
- Emergency card replacement
|Comments:||*View our Cardholder Agreement located at the bottom of the application page for details of the card.|
|Online Account Access:||Yes|
|APR on Purchases:||17.39% (variable)*|
|Grace Period:||See T&C*|
|Min Finance Charge:||$1.00|
|Min Credit Line:||$200|
|Max Credit Line:||$3,000|
|Late Payment Fee:||Up to $38*|
|Over Limit Fee:||$20.00|
|APR Cash Advances:||17.39%|
|Additional Fees||Returned Check Fee: $25.00|
Credit Limit Increase/Decrease: $25.00
Rush/Expedited Card Fee: $50.00
FREE electronic Billing Statements
Foreign Transaction: 3% of each transaction in U.S. dollars.
You may also be interested in:
* The information provided for OpenSky® Secured Visa® Credit Card is believed to be accurate at the time of evaluation (Aug 2, 2020). We strongly advise visitors to review the terms and conditions to verify accuracy of the information and fees posted prior to applying for the product.