Credit Card Review & Application
- Invest your tax refund to improve your credit by making the refundable deposit for your new secured card today
- Receive Your Card More Quickly with New Expedited Processing Option
- No Credit History or Minimum Credit Score Required for Approval
- Good for Car Rental, Hotels; Anywhere Credit Cards Are Accepted!
- Monthly Reporting to all 3 Major Credit Bureaus to Establish Credit History
- Credit Line Secured by Your Fully-Refundable Deposit of $200 - $2,000 Submitted with Application
- Just Pay Off Your Balance and Receive Your Deposit Back at Any Time
- 24/7 Online Access to Your Account
|APR on Purchases:||13.99% (variable)*|
|Card Issuer:||Synovus Bank|
|Card Category:||Consumer (Secured)|
|Card Type:||- Card for Bad Credit|
- Low Interest Credit Card
- Tax Refund Card
|Credit Needed:||Bad Credit OK*|
Good personal credit is very important these days, but unfortunately, it is getting to be harder and harder to establish it. This could be due to stricter corporate policies and higher penalty fees, but it could also be difficult when the economy is tougher. No matter the reason, if you have the need to establish better credit than what you currently possess, you might want to consider credit card alternatives. Like a secured credit card.
A secured credit card is an intermediary step between a prepaid debit card and a traditional credit card. With a prepaid card, you can only spend the total amount of money that you have deposited into your account. With a secured credit card, though, you get access to an actual credit line as long as you make a deposit into your account to "secure" your funds, much you like you would produce collateral for a loan.
The First Progress Platinum Select Mastercard Secured credit card is designed specifically to help consumers work on establishing a strong credit history with the major consumer credit bureaus: Experian, TransUnion, and Equifax. When you make your secured deposit, a credit line is issued to you and when you make your payments every month, your responsible behavior is reported to each of the three credit bureaus.
Now, there are some unsecured credit cards (ones that do not require a deposit) that are more lenient towards poor credit scores but these typically charge astronomically high fees or come with other restrictions. One of the great benefits of a secured credit card is that your collateral deposit cushions your default rate, which means that your rate is often substantially lower than it would be had you not made the deposit.
Like other credit cards, though, you could expect to pay things like an annual fee and various maintenance fees. This is certainly true of this particular credit alternative. While your deposit is usually equal to your credit limit, you will not have to continuously replenish this amount when you want to spend.
Another benefit of this particular secured Premium Elite Mastercard credit card is that it is a full-featured credit card. This means that you can use it just like a real credit card because it is, in fact, a real credit card. You can use the purchasing power of MasterCard to purchase goods and services at thousands of locations all over the world as well as on the internet.
You will also be able to take advantage of cash advance options. Of course, each of these features has its own processing charges and limitations, as do all credit cards.
The review prepared by CreditCardsCo™. Opinions expressed therein are solely those of the reviewer.
|Other Benefits:||*See Terms and Conditions|
|Online Account Access:||Yes|
|APR on Purchases:||13.99% (variable)*|
|Grace Period:||25 Days*|
|Min Credit Line:||$200|
|Max Credit Line:||$2,000|
|Late Payment Fee:||$40.00*|
|APR Cash Advances:||19.99%|
|Additional Fees||Foreign transaction fee: 3% of the transaction amount|
Returned Payment: up to $40.00
You may also be interested in:
* The information provided for First Progress Platinum Select Mastercard® Secured Credit Card is believed to be accurate at the time of evaluation (May 29, 2020). We strongly advise visitors to review the terms and conditions to verify accuracy of the information and fees posted prior to applying for the product.