Card Review & Application
- You must be a PenFed member to apply. Not yet a member? It's easy to join!
- You may be eligible through your employment, association membership, and volunteerism, or by becoming a member of one of our nonprofit partner organizations.
- Earn 5 points on airfare purchases, and 1 point on all other purchases.
- Earn 20,000 bonus points when you spend $650 within the first 3 months of opening the Card account - that's worth $200 toward your next round-trip airline ticket.
- Free LOUNGE CLUB(TM) membership which provides worldwide airport lounge access (upon spending $15,000 on the Card within a calendar year).
- Ability to redeem points for a wide-range of rich rewards, including travel, brand-named merchandise, and gift cards at PenFed Premium Rewards site.
|APR on Purchases:||9.99% (variable)*|
|Card Issuer:||Pentagon Federal Credit Union|
|Card Network:||American Express®|
|Card Category:||Consumer (Premium)|
|Card Type:||- Co-Branded|
- Low Interest Rate
- No Foreign Transaction Fee
- Reward Card
The PenFed Premium Travel Rewards American Express Card is the ideal credit card for eligible United States residents who are looking for a high-end credit card that offers more. With a variety of benefits and many opportunities to receive awards, cardholders are rewarded for using their card.
This card is brought to you by the Pentagon Federal Credit Union. Eligibility for this card is somewhat limited, but it is easy to find out whether or not you are eligible for the card. Before you can apply for this card, prospective cardholders must become a member of PenFed. Members must meet eligibility requirements as well.
In order to apply for this credit card you must either be active in the United States Military or Uniformed Services, a member of an eligible military or government association, be an United States government employee, be an eligible family member or housemate, be an employee of an eligible business, an employee or member of the American Red Cross, or be a member of the National Military Family association. If you do not fall within any of these categories, your eligibility can be determined based on your military installation or geographic location, Reserve Officers Association, or Military Officers Association of America.
The credit card offers cardholders many benefits and rewards, including the opportunity to earn points on purchases for travel, gift cards, tickets, and more. Cardholders are automatically enrolled in the PenFed Premium Rewards Program. You can earn points with practically every purchase you make using your card. You can earn points by using your card for airfare, or you can use your card to purchase everyday items or airline tickets to easily earn points.
The points you earn can easily be redeemed for special offers, charity donations, merchandise, travel, and much, much more. The more you spend, the more points you can earn and redeem for the vacation you have been planning or a quick get-away. If you love to shop or go to special events and concerts, you can use your well-earned points to treat yourself and have a night by yourself or with friends or loved ones.
Keeping track of your points is easy so you do not have to stress. If you ever want to know how many points you have earned so far, you can look at your billing statement sent to you each month or you can call or check online.
The review prepared by CreditCardsCo™. Opinions expressed therein are solely those of the reviewer.
|Reward Types:||- Airline Rewards|
- Other Rewards
- Travel Rewards
- Universal Rewards
|Rewards:||- 5 points on airfare purchases|
- 1 point on all other purchases
- 20,000 bonus points when you spend $650 within the first 3 months of opening the Card account - that's worth $200 toward your next round-trip airline ticket.
* The points you earn with your Card may be redeemed for all the rewards you expect and quite a few you'll be pleasantly surprised by: select stays at luxury hotels and resorts, tickets to exclusive events, movies, gift cards, merchandise and so much more.
|Other Benefits:||- Complimentary VIP Membership in Airport Lounges Worldwide|
- Comprehensive, World-class Travel Insurance Coverage
- Roadside Assistance and Car Rental Insurance Coverage
- Complimentary 24/7 Concierge Services
- PenFed Travel Privileges
- Premium Hotel Privileges
- Premium Airline Privileges
- Premium Car Rental Privileges
- Premium Cruise Privileges
- Special Travel Offers
|Online Account Access:||Yes|
|APR on Purchases:||9.99% (variable)*|
|Grace Period:||25 days*|
|Min Finance Charge:||0.50%|
|Late Payment Fee:||$39.00*|
|Over Limit Fee:||$0.00|
|APR on Balance Transfer (%):||4.99%|
|Transfer Fee (%):||2.50%|
|Transfer Period:||Life of Balance*|
|APR Cash Advances:||17.99%|
|Cash Advance Fee:||0.00%|
|Additional Fees||Returned Payment Fee: $30.00|
Foreign Transaction Fee: None
You may also be interested in:
* The information provided for PenFed Premium Travel Rewards American Express® Card is believed to be accurate at the time of evaluation (Mar 4, 2013). We strongly advise visitors to review the terms and conditions to verify accuracy of the information and fees posted prior to applying for the product.